Search:
Brandon's Adventures
Click Here

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sleep Training Failure

I have been trying to sleep train Brandon for the past few weeks and nothing seem to be
progressing. During the sleep training, I would just let him cry for up to 10 minutes in his crib. He'd rather co-sleep with me. He has tried falling asleep on his own after the third day. It was only one time he slept without nursing, but he still rolled around. At other times, he just won't sleep throughout the night or fall asleep on his own.

Brandon has been nursed to sleep since he was born. I think it has become a habit now and it's hard to transition. Also,he sleeps with me most of the time though the crib is in our room. Even still when put in his own crib, he would just cry. I Felt hopeless. He doesn't have his own room yet as we don't have the extra living space.

My hubby isn't much help either. He would keep telling me to nurse Brandon and it's always me who has to put him to sleep. One time early in the morning when Brandon couldn't stop crying (as I didn't give him the breast), and the hubby complains and tells me he needs to get a bit of sleep for another hour before he gets up to go to work. I was mad and took Brandon with me to sleep in the playroom and just layed on the sofa there.

By the way, my hubby have been sleeping on the couch (not the one in the playroom) since Brandon was 3 or 4 months old. We have not slept together for over half a year now. I don't think this is a healthy relationship. It's terrible!

If anyone can give me some advice, that would be helpful. Thanks for reading.


Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop Step2.com