Search:
Brandon's Adventures
Click Here

Friday, May 29, 2009

Local Meetup Group for new Moms

Recently I've joined a few local Meetup groups for new moms and new parents. I went to one of the meets for the first time.

I rarely get to go somewhere far since I still don't have my car insured. I borrowed my husbands car just for this event, while he took the bus to work. Anyway, a few of us (moms and their babies) met up at Victoria Park early in the morning where there were playgrounds and swings for the kids. It was nice meeting other moms with babies around the same age as baby Brandon. I'm looking forward to future PlayDates so Brandon can meet friends and become less shy with unknown people. When I'm bored at home, I just wanted to go do some activities with my little one.

These are the groups I am part of:
East Vancouver New Moms Group
Richmond Mommies

I have also participated in a few nearby communities for the Family Drop-In programs such as Frog Hollow Neighborhood House (which is just a couple blocks away), Collingwood Neighborhood House, and Thunderbird Community Centre.

Later in the evening after dinner, I went out for a nice evening walk to the Sunrise Park with Brandon. It was great weather. Here's a short clip of baby Brandon enjoying the swings and relaxing.



Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop Step2.com